Why choose an electric bed?
Why is an electric adjustable bed better than sleeping flat?
The main reason for a restless night is due to inadequate support from your mattress, causing pressure on different areas of your body. This in turn causes circulation to be restricted to these areas and discomfort. Our body response is to toss and turn to a new position to relieve discomfort.
- Traditional mattresses are flat and fail to give sufficient support to the lumbar region of our bodies causing improper spinal aligntment which in turn again causes pressure and discomfort. We therefore turn to a new position.
When studying the way astronauts sleep in space, we have discovered a few invaluable facts;
- It has been noted that whilst floating in space astronauts sleep with their heads slightly elevated allowing for easier breathing.
- Their knees naturally bend and elevate slightly above the heart.
- By adopting this position there is an increased blood flow to the heart and pressure is taken off the spine.
Electric adjustable beds imitate this extremely comfortable position and the sleeping experience is enhanced to a whole new level. Pressure on your skeletal frame is reduced by more than 80% ensuring the most restful sleep possible. 'The Electric Bed Company's adjustable sleep systems offer all these benefits and aim to provide a pressure free environment whilst providing the ultimate in lumbar support. There is a misconception that electric adjustable beds are for the elderly and infants. Today with focus on our active lifestyles, health and wellbeing the electric adjustable beds can be enjoyed by all. Whether for health reasons or simply convenience and comfort on electric adjustable bed can be integral part of your every day life. Many of us enjoy reading or watching TV in bed but on a traditional mattress it is difficult to find a comfortable position and totally relax. However some people with specific problems would benefit and be advised to purchase an electric adjustable bed on medical grounds. If you suffer from any the following problems an electric adjustable bed would be invaluable:
- Back problems
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Circulatory problems
- Gastric reflux at night
- Snoring at night
- Asthma or breathing problems
- If you can only sleep on your side at night
- If you need to place a pillow between your knees at night
- Unable to watch TV or read in bed in comfort.
We believe an electric adjustable bed is an investment for all ages and an asset that assists wellbeing. The electric adjusable beds consist of two parts; the base and mattress, but each unit offers different features and benefits to fulfil individual needs and requirements.