When was the last time you had a good nights sleep so good that when you awoke the next morning you felt absolutely amazing, well rested and ready to face whatever the day threw at you?You had no aches and pains and you were feeling good?
Hmmm, not many people actually say yes to that question I can tell you!
You see, most people fall into one of two camps….
They either do not get a really good nights sleep because maybe they cannot get comfortable so they toss and turn. Many people find it difficult to get comfortable in bed and once comfortable they find they need to keep changing position to get comfortable again. These include people who have aches and pains or perhaps Arthritis or Rheumatism, or people who have oedema of the legs or maybe even those who suffer from the very unpleasant symptoms of Hiatus Hernia or Gastric Reflux. Maybe they even suffer from insomnia and just do not even get to sleep properly.
The second camp includes those who have a partner who maybe suffers from the above or who even maybe snores. Those who have a restless or ‘noisy’ partner have disturbed sleep through no fault of their own.
Sleep is the time when our own body takes the time to repair and regenerate and it is not just the amount of sleep that we get but more importantly the ‘quality’ of ‘proper’ sleep that we get that is most important.
Orthopaedic Beds – The Key To ‘Proper’ Sleep.
So, how to get the ‘right’ kind of sleep – how do you do it?
Well as we get older we start to suffer from various ailments and these can range from just downright niggly yet very annoying or even painful to life-threatening.Whether you fit into this range at the top or bottom end it can still have the same net effect and that is that you do not get the right sort of sleep in the correct quantities.
The answer to this problem lies in the type of bed you have, just bear with me and allow me to explain and illustrate the difference between what we call ‘normal’ beds and ‘orthopaedic beds’.
Normal beds …..
- A normal bed works by the ‘one size fits all’ theory which obviously does not take into account that we are all different shapes and sizes and all need different levels of support.
- In normal beds you lie flat so that the 5 key areas of head, neck, back, hips and knees are not supported individually, there is no additional support.
- As we get older and begin to suffer from various ailments and complaints we find that it is more and more difficult to get comfy lying flat and we begin to rely on cushions and pillows to support us.
- Some of these ailments can be exacerbated by having to lie flat eg Hiatus Hernia, Gastric Reflux, Oedema.
- Normal beds can be difficult for some people to get into and out of as they get older.
- Normal beds make no provision for you to be independent of a restless partner so that leaves you at the mercy of their tossing and turning all night long.
Orthopaedic Beds ….
- Orthopaedic beds allow you to get comfy …. however this is for you.
- Orthopaedic beds totally support the 5 critical areas needing independent support – the head, neck, back, knees and hips.
- Orthopaedic beds support you for all manner of illnesses and ailments from Hiatus Hernia, Gastric Reflux, Asthma, Snoring, Oedema. The 5 fold adjustable frame can allow you to sleep with a raised upper body, raised legs…. In fact the combination of settings is almost unlimited so you can get yourself into the optimum position as many times as you need to. Take a look at the picture here to see what we mean.
- Orthopaedic beds can be ‘double combination’ which means that you get all the advantages of a double bed but each person has their own fully adjustable mattress.No more being at the mercy of a partner tossing and turning.
- Orthopaedic beds will allow you to sit in bed reading a book or watching a movie in total comfort with no more need for propping up with pillows and cushions.
- Orthopaedic beds no longer resemble something from a hospital ward they are modern attractive pieces of furniture.
Orthopaedic beds (electric adjustable beds) are what many healthcare professionals such as Chiropractors and Osteopaths recommend and here at the Electric Bed Company we specialise in just that ‘Electric Beds’.We are an online company which means that as we have no expensive showrooms and staff costs we are able to pass these massive savings straight onto you – the customer.This is the reason why our orthopaedic beds are priced at pretty much the same as ‘normal beds’.
So we invite you to come on over and just take a look at our best selling Prestige Ambience orthopaedic bed – this starts at an unbelievable 399.Come on just take a peek, we guarantee you will be impressed by what you read and see. 🙂
Click here to see exactly what we mean.