Why have electric & adjustable beds for the elderly?
The elderly have very different needs to younger and able bodied people and bearing in mind that on average we spend one third of our life in bed we need to be comfortable and supported in bed at every stage of our lives. Electric and adjustable beds for the elderly are an invaluable aid to keeping them as mobile and independent as possible.
As we grow older we often start to suffer from mobility problems as our joints begin to wear out and we begin to suffer from conditions such as arthritis.We are not as agile as we once were and moving around can be slow and painful and just getting into a comfortable position can be a challenge in its self.Then there are the problems associated with simply getting into or out of a bed or chair, again this can be challenging as we grow older and less mobile.
Electric and adjustable beds for the elderly are a perfect solution.Imagine not needing to ‘fall’ into bed but being able to sit down and easily and comfortably get into bed.Imagine how much easier it is to be able to sit up in bed and watch tv or read a book if the bed position can be altered and adjusted to give the most comfortable position.Adjustable beds for the elderly also allow the sleeping position to be adjusted as required and when required.
So, why do adjustable beds for the elderly need to be so supportive?…
- Traditional and non adjustable beds for the elderly do not give the support and comfort required and often cause pressure on key areas of the body. Take a look at the spec for our best seller the ‘Prestige Ambience’.
- Adjustable beds for the elderly have a 5 fold adjustable base allows for the ultimate in support in the knee, hip, back, neck and head areas. This creates literally hundreds of combinations for positioning the bed to create the most comfortable sleep ever.
- Electric adjustable beds for the elderly create a pressure free sleeping environment which relieves the pressure on the skeleton and joints.
- Adjustable beds for the elderly fully support the spine and lumbar region – invaluable for those suffering from arthritis.
- Adjustable beds for the elderly allow the bed position to be changed to aid getting in and out of bed easily.
- Adjustable beds for the elderly allow anyone who is sick or bed ridden to change position easily and regularly and help to prevent complications from pressure sores.This also helps carers as it saves them having to lift and move patients manually.
- Electric and adjustable beds for the elderly are an invaluable aid for those who suffer from arthritis, hiatus hernia, oedema, asthma, back pain, respiratory problems and insomnia to name but a few conditions.
- Adjustable beds for the elderly allow couples who wish to share a bed but who have different requirements of comfort then the double combination beds allow for each person to adjust their bed individually.
- Adjustable beds for the elderly are frequently recommended by health care professionals and care homes.
Electric and adjustable beds for the elderly are an essential yet very affordable investment to aid mobility and well being.
For more information on our large range of electric adjustable beds for the elderly visit our page here